Heat Pump Servicing North Devon
As well as supplying and installing industry-leading air and ground source heat pumps, we can service them too. Our servicing is available on an ad hock basis or you can arrange planned maintenance to ensure servicing is never overlooked. As specialists in the repair and commissioning of heat pumps, you can trust us for a professional service at competitive prices. To find out further information about our heat pump servicing in North Devon and to book an engineer, please get in touch.
Do I Need Heat Pump Servicing?
Although air-source heat pumps require little ongoing maintenance once installed, they still need heat pump servicing to keep them working to optimum performance. We specialise in both one-off servicing and periodic servicing contracts to keep your system working efficiently and ensure it lasts for its expected lifespan of around 20-25 years. Furthermore, we follow the manufacturers servicing schedules to ensure your warranty remains valid.
What is Included in Air Source Heat Pump Maintenance?
Our air source heat pump maintenance packages include the following:
- Visual inspection of the entire system by a qualified engineer.
- Thorough checks of the filters and coils for dirt build-up, debris and obstructions.
- Cleaning of the unit internally and externally.
- Check for leaks.
- Cleaning or replacement of filters.
- Cleaning of coils, fans and blades as necessary.
- Measurement of airflow.
- Thermostat testing.
- Check to ensure all components are weatherproofed.
- Cleaning of the supply and return registers.
- Lubrication of all moving parts.
- Refrigerant pressure and level check.
What is Included in Ground Source Heat Pump Maintenance?
If a ground source heat pump is not properly maintained, it may not last as long as it is intended to. Furthermore, any lack of maintenance could lead to a drop of 25% in efficiency. Our ground source heat pump servicing includes the following:
- Visual inspection of accessible components including the control panel, electrics, pipes and connectors.
- Check for leaks.
- Cleaning or replacing filters.
- Measure difference in heating circuit and brine circuit delta Ts.
- Checking of the water pump.
- Inspection of the compressor unit and replacement if necessary.
- Check of antifreeze in the ground pipe.
- Check internal heating systems such as radiators or underfloor heating.
How Often Does My Unit Need Servicing?
To remain MCS compliant you must service your heat pump as per the manufacturer’s instructions. An annual service ensures your heat pump will operate at maximum heat output and efficiency. And is also a condition for claiming any government funding.
Contact Solar Heat Tech
For further information about our heat pump servicing in North Devon, get in touch with the team.